Monday 27 October 2014

Diwali 2014 vignettes - Part I

Hey you lovely people, how was Diwali?? I had a lot of fun and went berserk this Diwali decorating my house. So much so that it takes two posts to present my diwali vignettes. This post is part one.

Below is a picture of decorated door and window. Yes yes you can see my handmade toran and wall hangings here. Of course I used them ;). Dont miss the gold lace on my curtains.



Here is a picture of my festival centerpiece. Brass and Marigold are absolutely killer combination isn’t it. It just sets the right tone for the festival. I loved the idea of paint your prayers. Kolam on pebbles are an inspiration from Archana Srinivas of Rang-Decor. Thank you Archana!







Below is a picture of my Kandeel, floral arrangement and handmade kundan rangoli [made by yours truly]
 



And here's appeasing the goddess of wealth!! 
The valley between haves and havenots is much much deeper than meets the eyes, may the goddess of wealth fill it with abundance.....


Standby for the part II of my Diwali vignettes.............. any guesses what its about?

Do drop a line, happy to hear from you.
Click here for Diwali inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment