Thursday 16 April 2015

Kids book storage DIY

In my last post I mentioned there was an eye soar and that i'd fix it and write a post around it. So here I am with my DIY post. If you remember my post Glimpses of my house, I had created a reading nook for my son. In the rack I had reused old cartons to keep his books. Yup that was the eye soar and I have fixed it :)


Of course I will share the DIY procedure with you. This is a picture heavy post. All my DIYs are picture driven and very simple. This one too follows suit.









Procedure:
  • Picture 1 showcases the raw reused boxes.
  • Picture 2 wrap the boxes with old newspaper
  • Picture 3 wrapped and ready for next steps
  • Picture 4 paint the boxes with a base primer
  • Picture 5 colour the box with desired colours and design.
  • Picture 6 this is the larger box, I painted it with acrylic white colour and stuck cut outs of aquatic animals

Above are close ups of both boxes. I decorated one with dual acrylic colours, floral design and wasi tape. The other box I converted into an aquatic animal designed book storage. Aren't they cute.























In order to make it look cuter I stuck googly eyes on the smiley and octopus. What say?



Above is a close up of what the shelf now looks like. Phew! And now the shelf looks more organised isn't it. My son loved these organizers. What do you think? Having a pretty designed nook helps me get him to do some of the activities I plan for him, be it reading, writing or others.

I'd urge you to try them. Do write you comments below, I love to hear from you.






No comments:

Post a Comment