Friday 16 September 2016

My Krishna collection

Krishna means different things to different people. To me it symbolises an infinite love energy.  It encourages self love. I am an ardent Krishna fan and all things associated with him namely peacock feather, lotus and shells. I have few good collections of the Krishna idols. 

So presenting a picture heavy blog after a long time. Brass and wood are my favourite combination and that is exactly what you will feast your eyes on. 



Above: a collage of my Krishna collection


Scroll down enjoy and do leave comments below. 



In the above picture, the jharokha is bought from Udaipur. The brass diyas from Bombay. And the mud idol from Kolkata. I was rushing to the airport and the car stopped at Gariahatt due to traffic. On the pavement there was a vendor selling mud items. I instinctively hopped out and picked this statue. It's sooo beautiful I am in love with this idol.



In the above picture the the peacock, potter and lotus flowers are from Bombay. The Krishna idol is from a small shop in Tirupathi. The asan is gift from my mom.




In the above picture the shells are from various places I visited, the large shell is a gift from one of our ex event partners. The mat below is weaved by my son during summer camp. This idol is from Vizag during one of my work trips.





In this picture the stand is a find from a juni shop. The idol is the Udupi Shri Krishna idol. Once I was just thinking that I do not have Udupi Shri Krishna idol and made a mental note to buy one whenever I next go to Udupi. On my next visit this was gifted to me by a relative. I was so thrilled, wish granted.



In the above picture the wooden box is a gift from mom, the tibetan bell from a small shop in a sleeping town called Peling. The cute little idol, unfortunately I do not remember where I bought this from. 

So that was my beautiful Krishna idol collection. Did you like them? Do comment below, I love to hear from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment